Thursday, June 5, 2008

the A

So...yesterday was a very interesting day. The meeting at OEM that I was supposed to go to with the Executive Director Lisa, ended up being a meeting I went to by myself.  They told me 10 minutes after we were supposed to leave that i was going to be going by myself.  After i almost cried and wet my pants, i got over my fears and decided that i could do it.  They were awesome about it and gave my specific directions and we looked at google to examine the area i would be going too.   I then got on the A which is the 8th Ave express headed downtown.  Some tourists got on after me and were headed in the wrong direction and realized it after like 4 stops.  It reminded me of the adventures of naive David and Megan.  Anyways, I made it to Brooklyn and back without a problem.  It was a meeting regarding reaching out the immigrant community and getting disaster preparedness information out to them.  Interesting, but i was totally overwhelmed and didnt really have the slightest clue what was going on.  it was great.  Anyways, the office was boring because the others were working on this major grant and i had a lot of questions that they didnt have time to answer.  next week should be interesting.  

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

Hoorah! I'm so proud of you! I love public transit. It's the best. Also, I had a meeting today with Mr. G--- and it was awesome and if they offer me the job I'm probably going to take it!