Sunday, May 18, 2008

The eagle has landed!

The team arrived safely in New Orleans at 9:30 central time. It was quite the operation going and getting the rental vans and cars and then caravaning to camp. Everything is so laid back and I wish that I could have come on the trip before leading a group to have a model. Although sometimes the inorganization drives me a little crazy..i will have to admit but it might be my anul leadership skills kicking in. Although we have been up since 3:30 or so many of us headed downtown for the afternoon. We hung out on bourbon street for a while, something i havent done the past few times I have been here and then dined at Felixs. There is something amazing about having dinner with 19 other people in which many I didnt know this morning. It is so fun. I have made some fast friends, but I often feel very old as I am the only female who hasnt come attached to someone and who has graduated. yes, i feel like i have to be an adult and be responsible. But I know how to have some fun too. I know that if this was a group of high school students things would be a lot different. Anyways, I am exhausted so i will be heading to bed. Me and my fire obsession led me to take a picture with a new orleans fireman...i will upload it in the morning. I can't mess with it now. They even have fireman mardi gras beads. I thought of my father, he would be proud. Look for our first work experiences tomorrow!!

No comments: