Friday, May 23, 2008

Our mission is complete in the parish. We worked at a house that was beautiful on the outside but a mess on the inside today. The house was about 10 houses from the levee and was totally covered in water. We installed three walls, some window headers and demolished five walls. It was a little slow moving but we got a lot accomplished this morning. Luckily because the heat and humidity set in after lunch. We had a fabulous meal at Todays Catch along with some of our other teammates. It was a popular joint that was cheap and the seafood was amazing. Before leaving the Ross house on Angelique we got to play with the puppy next door. It was a lab, pitbull and something else mix and he was the color of smoke, his name was Smokey. He was both loveable and playful. After finishing up for the day we headed down to the lower ninth ward. Eric took his picture by the levee. Up close they are huge. This was a concrete one, unlike the grassy berms near the houses we worked at. The destruction and vastness was even worse then the war zone that i discussed the other day. I don't have enough time to upload my pictures now as i have to pack up my bag and get ready for dinner at Rocky and Carlos's tonight. It is very well known in the parish for mac and cheese and veal parm. We will see how it lives up to its reputation.

I cant believe that the week is over and I am really hoping that I will have the opportunity to come back with the group. They are all really awesome and we are all here for the same person which makes it even better. I definitely would work with St. Bernards Project again!!

As I reflect on all that I have seen and experienced this week I will definitely keep the blog updated. Look for pictures either tomorrow or Sunday. I cant wait to put them all up!

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

I'm so glad we're going to be real life friends and bloggy friends!