Thursday, May 15, 2008

I got my assignment!!

I can't believe that it was nearly 2 months ago that I was leading the group to New Orleans for the second time.  This time I won't be the one in charge and I will be going with a group where I don't know anyone.  An opportunity that I have been waiting for, it is finally starting to sink in that we will be departing on Sunday morning for another week in New Orleans.  I received my team assignment last night when we were in the car and I think that is when it really sunk in.  I will be a member of framing team 1.  An assistant to the lead team member, our possible tasks will be handling two termite damaged homes with some replacement and one termite damaged home with some framing and sub-floor replacement.  I am humbled and honored to be one of the only females who is labeled as skilled and who is in an assistant position.  Dad and I are going tomorrow night to pick out my tool belt and a new hammer! I am really looking forward to hearing more of the stories from St. Bernard's Parish and spending the week helping those who need it so desperately!!  Look for updates throughout the week, it is going to a busy but amazing time.  I will be thinking of everyone at 4:15 am on Sunday morning when I leave for JFK...let me know if you need someone to wake you up!!!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

You are truly amazing! I can't believe that you're gone already. I just sent out your graduation card with my contribution for your trip!!!! I'm always a week late. Enjoy your experience and I can't wait to read your blogs.

love, Mrs. P

Anonymous said...

Megan..I wish you well..have a great trip - bless you for being who you are! -- Jackie